For anyone who doesn't know yet, I am officially unemployed. I know, its scary, but in my case, its only going to last 2 weeks, since the next step of my life journey is starting soon. My last day at Enterprise was Thursday, and I spent the weekend celebrating my former job and my future job, but I knew the interim would have to be spent being productive, responsible, and fulfilling. So here is an update of my two weeks notice vacation:
Day 1: Super Productive Kick-Start Day- I got tons of laundry done (washed AND folded), cleaned out old clothes and donated them to Big Brothers and Big Sisters, went to the gym, changed my change into groceries for the week, took old business clothes to the dry cleaners (to get out the carwash remnants), and we were 50% for the night on the Volleyball court. Boom.
Day 2: Opposite of Day 1 Day- There was zero productivity on this day. No gym. No shopping. No moving from the house. We did try the all you can eat sushi place down the street. It was pretty good.
Day 3: Shopping Day- I had to replace some of the drawers I emptied earlier in the week, so I went downtown, met Dan for lunch, and shopped like crazy at American Eagle. This summer is going to be full of bright colors and sunshine (I must believe), so I thought I'd get ready. Plus since my new job has a much more relaxed dress code, I needed a different focus for my wardrobe- away from suits covered in soap.
Day 4: Today! Creative Day- I started the day with some urge to do something creative today, so after I went to the gym, I kicked my own butt if I say so myself (thanks to Pintrest- which I'll get back to in a second), I went to the store and got materials for 3 different baked goods. All were inspired by my recent obsession with Pintrest- which brings me to the second part of Creative Day- this update. From time to time, I will be inspired by my Pins and I will find the time and energy to attempt something new, and I will share it here. So as to try to pass along the "Pinspiration" ;) get it?
So I'll start my Pintrest Inspired Creation Sharing with my Cinco de Mayo Celbration:
FunFetti Cupcake Cones
Pinata Cookies
Colorful Krispies
The cones are from the recipe, but the cookies called for a burro shaped cookie cutter, which is difficult to come across in New England, so I "winged it" and decided to make my own color combo, I just stole the idea. And in case you didn't know, you can screw up rice krispy treats: by letting them sit in a cooling down oven. See ya later marshmello mixture. But they still look cool, which is what's important.
I didn't take tons of step by step pictures because I'm not sure I am qualified to be a teacher in these ventures. These Pinspiration pieces are more meant to be like "look what I can do!". Enjoy.


No comments:
Post a Comment