Sundays have an ominous feel to them.
Back in the day, Sundays felt differently from any other day because I started the day going to Church with my family, and pretty much wrote the entire day off from socializing, except for family parties. It never was a day I was sad about, I enjoyed the day, not having to juggle anything, I was always content with being with my family, catching up on homework and preparing for the week ahead.
Now, though, Sundays feel like the last ditch effort to suck the last bit of fun out of the weekend. I'm always left feeling, I'm not quite completely satisfied with the weekend. Either because I'm too hungover, or not productive enough, or emotionally exhausted, or just just not enough time to feel fully relaxed. Like it or not, Monday comes, fast and hard.
All you can do is jump all in to the week ahead. That's how you have to live life, I think. All in. No one sees any of this stuff coming, most of us anyways. A relationship changes, a job opportunity opens up, any unexpected turn, can shift the way you attack life. As any piece changes though, you have to change as well, but with all of you. Full force, 110%. Something that most people have difficulty fully living up to, but find easy to say, is to go all out.
Today I had an awesome Sunday Funday, with great people, just enough relaxing and activity, just enough new friends and old relationships, just enough sunshine and rain...well I would always love more sunshine. And I find myself here in the same place as every weekend, looking Monday morning dead in the eye... here goes nothing... GERONIMO!!
No comments:
Post a Comment