We were tired of the cold in Boston, let me tell you. This vacation came at exactly the right time for so many reasons.. Not only is Tucson just about my favorite place in the world, I got to see my family (which we didn't get to do over the holidays this past season), Dan and John were able to clear out the cobwebs in their golf bags and hang out again since John had been deployed for a good part of the last year, and Mark actually DOUBLED the amount of golf he's ever played!
In order to get the most out of our trip, we spent about a week in the Old Pueblo. John and Dan golfed most days, although they didn't go to the driving range until the tail end of our trip which, both boys agree, was a mistake. The four of us went out a few times together, too, which allowed Mark and I a great opportunity to catch up and then quickly after, an opportunity to bicker.
The other reason we went to Tucson was to catch a glimpse of the pros at the Accenture Match Play Championship in Marana, AZ. It turns out that it might have been the last time the event is held in SoAz, so I'm really glad we were able to see multiple sessions while having a great place to stay (Thanks, Mom and Dad).
Top 5 Things from our trip to Tucson:
#1- We watch these guys on TV and we had conversations with them! That's MINDBLOWING and so COOL!!
Rickie Fowler
Graeme McDowell
#2- Dan getting caught in sprinklers to save par, water hazards and I continuing our hate-hate relationship, and Mark getting his first BIRDIE on his fifth round of golf ever!
#3- PBR at brunch that comes with a side of BACON, beer tasting local brews while playing shuffleboard, live Mariachi music while dining on authentic Mexican food.
#4- Cheering on the 'Cats LIVE- I don't care what team it is, I bleed Red and Blue!
#5- These scenes of the GORGEOUS desert Landscape... aka my favorite place in all the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment