Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Kiawah, SC- April 2014

We made it down south for the second year, and, true to form, we had a blast!


Dan's family has a house they rent on Kiawah Island, near Charleston, SC so they go down for maintenance about twice a year resulting in a nice place to visit for a few days for us! Since they usually fix up the house pretty well to prepare for the summer, they typically are down on the Island right about the time that Dan and I are itching to get some sun, golf, and beach time.


We visited from late Friday night until Wednesday mid-day. I was able to get to the beach 3 times and Dan was able to get out on the course a few times. He learned a new system for putting from a Pro on the Island, took his mom, his girlfriend, and the whole crew out on the course once, and got in some practice. I'll tell ya', speaking as someone that gets him to the end of his rope pretty regularly, he has an amazing amount of patience for some of the rest of us on the golf course.

On top of getting out for a couple of rounds to start off the season, Dan has been working on an analytical process for his game, and was able to get a good amount of data to get started. I think once we get back to Boston, hopefully the weather will cooperate and he'll be able to keep up the trend at home. I know the little he's played so far has, again, awakened his ever-present golf itch, and the data he's been using has definitely added to his motivation. Dan also started sharing his thoughts and strategy relating to golf in his own blog (Scramble to Scratch).


Top 5 Things From Our Vacation:
#1- Both Golf Bags arrived when did in Charleston, SC (they didn't get left on the Tarmac in Denver)!
 

#2- Both of us got in some (much needed in my case) great practice on the course!
  

#3- I decided I should be a Golf Photographer for a living- or at least do it as a way to pay my way with Dan!

 #4- I took some fun (read: lame) pics of myself on the beach!

 #5- We saw ONE BILLION Alligators- and SURVIVED!
   

#5- Nothing beats sunny and 79* when people at home are fighting clouds and rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment