So classes are over for me. For good. I have one final presentation on Wednesday- But moral of the story... COLLEGE IS OVER.
Not only classes, not only the house on 4th, but everything.. is done. What's next?
I can't really focus on the steps down the road, I'm working on wrapping up here. I have two years worth of living to sort through and pack in the next couple weeks, and then to get ready for the longest road trip of my life... well so far- the only road trip of my life. To the East Coast.
But what do you take with you on a trip like that? How should I decide between the picture frames, the t-shirts, the paper clips, the hair ties, so that I have a compact group of boxes that fit in my trunk? I don't eve know what they wear on the East Coast. I'm probably going to need a coat.. and closed toes shoes. That's weird. I've never actually lived outside of Tucson... what does snow look like?
But on the same note, I've got a lot of stuff to pass down to anyone who is interested. And by "pass down" I mean "sell". Selling furniture is turning out to be more difficult then I would have thought, and I'm too scared of Craig's List to attempt that venue. So I might be taking a lot of this stuff back to my parents' house... They'll love that I think.
But besides trying to hock everything in my room, I've been exploring new technologies and connections i.e. Twitter and LinkedIn. But I'm not very good at those. Phil from Cisco suggested I start to tweet, so that I can be updated on the hot topics during the day, so I tried it. But even with his advice on how to start, I'm still initimidated by that site. Why can't everything be on Facebook? I know Facebook.
So as I sit here, running out of battery tonight, my roommates and I are trying to use any technology at our disposal to sell our furniture. And tomorrow morning all I have to do is pack for life. Heavy, right? Look for my Tweet soon, "For a good desk, call!". ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment