Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Thoughts from my first days in Boston

First and foremost, I really like my job and the company! We've been sitting a conference room 95% of the time since I started, an idea that would normally make me cringe, but I'm really having a blast! The product is really truly cool in and of itself, and I get to tell people about it (also known as a sales intern). SCVNGR is awesome!

Second, its difficult to get out and explore Boston when you have an awesome job like I do. I haven't really been able to actually see the area yet, which is good and bad. Good in the sense, that I have so much I can do in the next months. Bad in the sense that I might want to do SCVNGR stuff more badly so I won't get to the exploring Boston. But the light at the end of the tunnel is that SCVNGR, I think, will lead me to experience Boston, so it will all happen in due time.

Also, I guess I didn't tell people this when it was normally appropriate, but I was in an emergency landing on my move out to Boston, which kinda puts a damper on the experience because I was so absolutely scared for my life for about an hour, but was fortunate, because now I have a really good ice breaker story for when I start to meet new friends. Also, I'm reading eat pray love. (shoutout to katieH- spring break book) and it was eire how that intense and scary event conincided with my reading of the book. I could go on with that for a while, but now I'm tired, so I'll continue sometime in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment