So, I went to the gym today. Its not that its a resolution, but still something that I'm going to have to focus on to get better at being consistent with. I'm sure "getting fit" is a very popular resolution for the New Year, in fact, that's what the radio said yesterday morning as a part of their morning trivia contest (yes, I do get most of my useless facts from this morning contest). But getting fit isn't my New Year's resolution, because I want to be able to keep trying to go to the gym more often even if I miss in January or February. For the gym, as important as this goal is, I need to remove as many excuses as I possibly can right from the start.
So anyways, today was the second gym visit of the new year, which is huge, I think. Never mind its only the third day of the year, I'm talking about baby steps here. Danny, my trainer, kicked my butt- literally- today, and at the end of my workout he asked what my goals were with "getting fit". Now, I don't really have specific goals in this regard, just an idea: "fit", so I shrugged off my response. Then, I came home and the season premier of The Biggest Loser was on the tv, and I love watching that show. Its heart warming and motivating. All in all, I think TBL is great programing. All these people have huge goals, like "stay alive 5 more years", "lose 200 pounds", "play with my kids". I'm not anywhere close to having goals like that, but hopefully watching Bob work out all these people who are desperate to get fit to save their lives, maybe I'll be inspired to set a goal for myself-and stick to it.
Although, I've watched about 3 minutes of the premier and have been close to crying twice... regularly watching TBL might lead to curling up under a blanket with an emotional tub of ice cream. Let's hope not. But I do love that this season has a Santa and a Mrs. Clause and they told Bob he was no longer on the "nice list" after their first workout: Classic Biggest Loser material.
No comments:
Post a Comment